Sunday, November 20, 2011

My school

This is the downstairs section of my school.  I work for an after school English Accadamy.  I work from 1:30pm to 8:30pm.  The Korean teachers stay till 10:30pm teaching.  The downstairs is mostly for the younger students 2nd-4th grade though there are some older kid classrooms and test taking down here in some of the bigger classrooms.  I teach any where from 3-5 classes a day which is not that many compaired with many other English teachers who could teach up to 7 or 8 classes a day.  The upstairs is for our older students.  Upstaris I teach 4th-6th graders though I believe we have students up to maybe 8th grade who take classes upstairs.  This is the lobby of the downstaris.  In the back you can see the long study table and the Library.

This is the computer room where students work on lessons.

This the the otherside of the Lobby.  The TV to the right plays the student's presenations that we record.  They play all day long.  So everyone gets to see how well or not so well you did on your presentation.  They also upload the presentations on the internet so parents can see them online as well.

This is the hallway to most of the classes.  Stright a head is the downstairs teacher's office.  My desk is upstairs.

This is one of the classrooms.  The littles' as I call them usually only have between 4-7 students per class.  Upstairs with the older student my classes are between 9-14 students, still quite small.

All the classrooms have a TV or a projector linked to the computer.  Our books we teach from have lessons on the computer that go with each unit.  It is also nice to be able to show them photos from online when they do not understand what I am talking about...a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment